BESPOKE tailoring and Scotch whisky are considered to be true partners in style. The sophisticated refinement of a handmade suit is perfectly matched by the provenance of the daringly flavoursome, grain-based amber liquid. Both deliver premium quality with a heritage stamp attached.
The Scotch Whisky Association was set up in order to protect the whisky trade from imitation. It fights producers seeking to pass off their product as authentic Scotch. In terms of heritage, class and fashion Scotch whisky is the premium product. Bespoke tailoring also has standards that reflect the same level of craftsmanship, refinement and quality, and the Savile Row Bespoke Association (SRBA) is made up of member tailors with an agreed code of practice. The Association was founded in 2004 to protect and develop the art of authentic bespoke Savile Row tailoring.
Deluxe style is appreciated by the discerning palette and admired from afar. It is created by craftsmanship that shares values and skills that are centuries old. David Beckman’s Haig Club single grain whisky TV advert may have elevated the amber liquid, for new audience awareness, but the style and image still ooze the sophisticated bespoke charm of centuries.
Blended whisky is the biggest selling variant of Scotch, although the popularity of single malts has continued to increase over the years. In comparison, Savile Row tailors have altered and tweaked their services to deliver all of your sartorial expectations. Whether you want to invest in a classic handmade suit, with complementary bespoke shirt and accessories, or simply long to wear a tailored suit that makes you look your very best the heritage tailoring establishments are ready to meet your needs.
Personal taste is reflective in the style of clothing you wear and the lifestyle you choose. According to drink experts and uber cool style influencers drinking wood-spiced whisky is currently ultra hip. Sipping your tipple, whilst wearing an elegant handmade suit is obviously a few notches higher up the style gauge.
Whisky is the hot hipster drink that is fast attracting new connoisseurs. Whether you appreciate the elegance of vintage malt, triple distilled single malt or a voluptuous spicy finish character blend, whisky is always fragrant and mysterious.
- A full-bodied artisan Scotch whisky is rather like a bespoke three-piece tweed suit. The highest quality and finest craftsmanship is echoed in the finished product and garment.
- Masculine style is epitomised by sophisticated bespoke dressing and mirrored by rich and distinctive amber blends.
- Bespoke tailoring inspires appreciation of the finer things in life, like vintage malt whisky and James Bond cars.
- Blended whisky impressively complements signature tailoring – which includes bespoke, made-to-measure and ready-to-wear garments that smartly bridge the gap between traditional individually crafted wear and off-the-peg suits.
- The discerning modern gentleman appreciates craftsmanship, authenticity and value. This is why he chooses bespoke tailoring and opts for premium brands of Scotch whisky as his off duty tipple.
- Prime marketing investment has focused awareness of whisky brands, particularly around seasonal gifting periods. In much the same way, bespoke tailoring enjoys renewed interest whenever fashion and film trends highlight sophisticated style and glamour. You only have to think James Bond, Mad Men or Kingsman: The Secret Service to identify the influential fashion trend.