Having a bespoke suit or bespoke shirt made can be an intimidating experience. Hopefully these ten tips from Henry Herbert Tailors will guide you through the minefield:
1. Visit as many tailors as you like. It is a relationship that must be comfortable for you.
2. Familiarise yourself with the different styles and choices available to you.
3. Be advised by a tailor, not pressured.
4. Have an idea of the colour and the cloth you are looking for. It will narrow down the vast selection available to you.
5. It is your bespoke suit (or shirt). Remember there are no wrong answers, merely preferences.
6. A good tailor will comfort you, not condescend you.
7. Expect at least a couple of fittings and at least as many months to perfect your first order.
8. All good suits and shirts should be tailored in England using local cloths.
9. Find the budget that is right for you and make sure final prices are clearly given to you (it is normal for bespoke tailors not to include VAT in their final prices).
10. Enjoy wearing it – every handmade suit and shirt will have its own characteristics.
To book your Henry Herbert Tailor, click here.