- Make sure the best materials & trimmings are offered to you: always
use pure wools and ask where the fabrics have come from.
- Make sure a pattern is made just for you….and kept safely by your
tailor for the future.
- Always have a ‘baste’ fitting – an unglamourous affair but very
important for you and the tailor.
- Ensure the suit is made with a canvas – you will be able to see it
on the ‘baste’ fitting.
- After the baste fitting, the baste is taken apart, the pattern is
remarked and the garment is remade.
- You are invited back for a second fitting.
- The service should be as bespoke as the suit: the tailor is to help
you from start to finish, every step of the way.